Forestry.io / Netlify / Git Quickstart
Set up a site using Forestry as a CMS, and Netlify as a Host. A GitHub account is required.
Gitlab supported. Just use Gitlab in any of the steps mentioned in place of GitHub.
Forestry.io - CMS #
Login to Forestry - Sign-up
- Go to Forestry dashboard
- Add site
- Don't have a site yet? 'Try on of our starters!" https://forestry.io/starters/
- Choose a starter
- Authenticate with GitHub / Create new repo
Now Forestry is set up and the newly created Repo can be edited with Forestry.
Netlify - Host #
Login to Netlify - Sign-up
- Sites "New site from Git"
- Connect to Git provider
- "Pick a repository" - (The one you created in Forestry.)
- Leave default build settings
- Deploy site.
There has now been a http://random-generated-subdomain.netlify.com site created for you.
- Clone the GitHub repo and begin design work on it locally.
- Your build environment and Netlify's build environment
- Forestry configuration https://forestry.io/docs/quickstart/configure-cms/
- See Netlify Docs